I love bread. I can have it everyday of the week and all day long, and sometimes I do. So, you can imagine that stuffing is one of my all time favorite dishes at the Thanksgiving table. I usually make several different types to satisfy all the various cravings that may be tempted for. A veggie packed dressing for the vegetarians, a super fancy one with oysters for my friends who love seafood, a plain close to bare stuffing for my in-laws that like things on the bland side, and my Chorizo Sausage Pistachio Pear Stuffing for me and my family. This stuffing packs a spicy punch with hints of sweet and is the best stuffing for any bird. I highly recommend you try it at home. I promise you wont be disappointed.
Ingredients for Chorizo Sausage Pistachio Pear Stuffing:
- 6 oz pork chorizo (removed from casing)
- 6 oz ground pork sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 anjou pear (chopped into cubes, about 1 cup)
- 6 green onion stalks (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 -medium sized onion (cut into small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 6 oz cornbread stuffing bread cubes
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (the kind you put on pizza)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lawrys seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chorizo from casing and fry over a medium flame for 10 to 13 minutes. Stirring and breaking it up occasionally. Set to the side.
- Fry ground pork sausage over a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, or just until it is no longer pink. Set to the side with the chorizo. I combine the two meats together as one.
- Chop pistachios,pear, green onion, onion, garlic, and olives. Set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix till combined.
- Butter a 8 1/2 x 6 1/2 x 2 1/2 baking dish
- Pour entire stuffing mixture into baking dish, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil or a twig of Rosemary
For more Latin recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog:Presleys Pantry
Follow Nicole onTwitterandFacebook.
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her onPinterest.
Recipe Center: Recipes for Professional Chefs & Home Cooks ... Chef2Chef's recipe center features thousands of delicious recipes for professional chefs and home cooks. Browse recipes by ingredient, cuisine, course, and more. Flavor List - Mission Flavors and Fragrances allspice almond almond (toasted) almond (roasted) almond butter almond cream almond extract amaretto american cheese ancho chili anchovy anise apple apple (baked) Cornbread Stuffing and Gravy - Como Water Printable Recipes Vegan Cornbread Stuffing. 1 large yellow oniondiced 4 stalks of celerydiced 2-3 tablespoons fresh sage 1 teaspoon fresh thyme 2-3 tablespoons olive oil Recipes - How To Information eHow.com Recipes: Wondering whats for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Need a side dish or appetizer to serve with your favorite recipe? Find healthy recipes, cooking tips and ... Pistachio Biscuits Recipe - Taste.com.au - Recipes, recipes and ... Pistachio biscuits recipe - Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan-forced) and line two baking sheets with baking paper. Finely grind three-quarters of the ... Kid-Friendly Recipes - KitchenDaily Kid-Friendly Recipes with ratings, reviews and menus Sausage Recipes and Formulations - Making Homemade Sausage Len ... A collection of proven recipes for making sausage. Recipes and formulations are in both U.S. and Metric measurements with instruction on grinding, mixing, stuffing ... Apple Cornbread Stuffing Recipes Yummly sliced mushrooms, onion, bread, sage leaves, granny smith apples, pork sausage and 8 MORE Recipes Part 4 - Site Map - NYTimes.com NYTimes.com Site Map. For a comprehensive guide to our site, please see the Site Index. Recipe Explorer - Find Recipes By Ingredient, Cuisine, or Meal ... On the menu today: Country Chicken Sausage; Maple Rice Pudding; Meaty Stuffed Jalapenos; Chocolate Cakes With Liquid Centers; Eggs Benedict With Roasted Chicken ...