I am all about breakfast baked goods these days. It must be what the baby is craving! One of the things we made and loved lately was this awesome pumpkin coffee cake muffins with a delicious cinnamon streusel topping. We adored the moist texture and sweet pumpkin flavor. Eating it made me think they would be perfect for Thanksgiving morning. I can just imagine how wonderful they would be served up in a warm bread basket with cups of coffee to start of the day.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Muffins
adapted from Williams-Sonoma
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
stick cold butter cut into small pieces
1 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon kosher salt
1 stuck unsalted butter, room temperature
cup granulated sugar
cup pumpkin puree
cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
2. Make the streusel by combining the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Then use your fingers to pinch in the butter until it is pea-sized. Set aside.
3. To make the cake, beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Then beat in the eggs, pumpkin puree and sour cream.
4. Sift together the flour, powder, soda, spices and salt and a small bowl and shake this into the pumpkin mixture while the mixer is on low-speed until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and pack the streusel filling on top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan before releasing the sides and allowing to cool completely.
Some more interesting posts:
Thanksgiving Craft with Kids: Peanut Butter Chocolate Acorns
Thanksgiving Craft with Kids: Pumpkin Kiss Turkeys
Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!
Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates