It is often important to remember that turkey, my friends, it not just for Thanksgiving deal. In fact, you can eat turkey all year long in so many different ways. One of our favorite ways to eat it is in lasagna. I use healthy ground turkey from the store and use it like I do ground beef in lasagna. It is such a great cozy winter meal and is so perfect for the cold weather. So, dont worry, you dont have to kiss turkey goodbye until next year. Here is how you can make turkey lasagna this winter!
Winter Turkey Lasagna
1 pound ground turkey
1 small yellow onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups crushed tomatoes with juices
15 ounces part-skim ricottoa
2 cups mozzarella shredded
1 cup Parmesan cheese
12 lasagna noodles
Salt & Pepper
1. In a large saute pan over medium heat add the olive oil, onion and ground turkey. Cook over medium heat until the onions are cooked through and the meat is no longer pink. About 10 minutes. Then pour in the crushed tomatoes and allow them to simmer until the mixture is slightly thickened.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and egg in a large bowl and add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
3. When the turkey mixture is slightly thickened turn off the heat.
4. Cook the pasta according to package directions and layer 4 lasagna noodles on the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Top this with one half of the cheese mixture and one quarter of the turkey mixture. Then add more noodles and another layer of cheese and turkey. Finally, top with another layer of noodles and pour the remaining one quarter of the tomato mixture on top of the noodles.
5. Bake the lasagna at 350 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until it is bubbly and it is hot all the way through.
Recipes - How To Information eHow.com Recipes: Wondering whats for breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Need a side dish or appetizer to serve with your favorite recipe? Find healthy recipes, cooking tips and ... Turkey Sausage-Spinach Lasagna with Spicy Tomato Sauce Recipe at ... Find the recipe for Turkey Sausage-Spinach Lasagna with Spicy Tomato Sauce and other spinach recipes at Epicurious.com Freeze Dried Dinners at REI - Free shipping on orders of $50 or more Freeze Dried Dinners at REI - Free shipping on orders of $50 or more. Top quality, great selection and expert advice you can trust on Freeze Dried Dinners. 100% ... Vegetarian Thanksgiving Dinner - The Veggie Table - Vegetarian ... American Thanksgiving dinner, with its traditional turkey as the main course, can be difficult for vegetarians. Here are some ideas to mix and match for your ... Recipes - Relish Halloween Cupcakes for Kids. Simple ways to make cute cupcakes ghoulishly spooky for Halloween Kalyn's Kitchen: Recipe for Turkey (or chicken) Lasagna with ... Recipe for Turkey (or chicken) Lasagna with Sage and Three Cheeses Lean Lasagna Recipe at Epicurious.com Preparation. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a medium-sized nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Saut onion for 2 minutes, then add turkey and cook an additional 5 to ... Turkey Lasagna Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network Very nice lasagna. The addition of the goat cheese was great and gave it a nice kick---not too overpowering. ... I didn't like this recipe. I usually boil my lasagna ... Food & Drink - How To Information eHow.com Food & Drink: Don't let that next party be a flop. Be the envy of your friends thanks to eHow's entertaining secrets sure to make that next affair a success. Food is ... Steve's Mushroom, Spinach and Ground Turkey Lasagna BigOven I've recently discovered "no pre-boil" noodles here in the US, and despite my initial skepticism, they really work extremely well. - Steve's Mushroom, Spinach and ...