These tender little morsels of cookie bliss are how you cram all that pumpkin pie flavor you love in one portable bite. These Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Pie Cookies are perfect for holiday parties, gift bags or to pair with your Pumpkin Spice Latte on a rainy afternoon. Grab this delicious fall dessert recipe..
Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Pie Cookies
vegan, makes 16-20 cookies (depending on size)
1 1/2 cups pecans, raw
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp flour, organic
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree, unsweetened
topping for rolling: organic powdered sugar an/or coconut shreds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Process the pecans in a Vitamix or food processor until crumbly. Thicker crumbles will make for chunkier cookies, while finer pecan meal will make for a smoother cookie texture.
3. Combine the pecans, spices, salt, maple syrup and pumpkin. Fold in the coconut oil. Lastly, fold in the flour.
4. Place the dough in the fridge for about twenty minutes to firm up a bit.
5. Shape the dough into balls and roll each ball in the coconut and/or sugar. Place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes. These cookies are quite versatile and can be baked for shorter or longer periods of time depending on how soft you want the texture to be.
7. Pull from the oven and toss the hot cooking in the sugar and or coconut.
8. Serve warm if desired, or place in the fridge to allow the cookies to firm up a bit for a more chilled pumpkin pie texture to them.
photo credit: Kathy Patalsky
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Follow Kathy on Facebook and Twitter for updates!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 5 Ways to Make Tofu Fancy for the Holidays
* 7 Recipes for Simple Sassy Tofu
Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Pie Care2 Healthy Living Try this recipe from Melissa Breyer that combines pecan pie and pumpkin pie, uses natural sweeteners and is a vegan pumpkin pie recipe. Low-Fat Healthy Pumpkin Cookies - Easy Vegan Pumpkin Cookie Recipe ... Should have read the reviews, I didn't find them blah I substituted pumpkin pie spice ( 2 tsp) for the spices! But they were like one other reviewer suggested ... Pumpkin Pie Brownie Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World Thank Zod for autumn. I have 6 cans of pumpkin in my pantry that need to get outta there and make room for something else. I dont even know where ... ;-): Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Ingredients: 1 Prepared pie crust, and cookie cutters 2 prepared graham cracker crusts, room temperature Pumpkin Pie Filling: 3 C. pumpkin puree 2 1/2 C. sugar Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pecan Cookies Recipe I'm glad I baked cookies. Your intrepid gluten-free goddess, you see, is a tad under the weather. Well. In all honesty, maybe more than a tad. Classic Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe - Southern Food and Recipes ... Preheat oven to 350. *If using a frozen pie crust, do not thaw; preheat a baking sheet in the oven and place the pie on the cookie sheet to bake. Pumpkin Cheesecake With Pecan Crunch Topping Post Punk Kitchen ... Pumpkin Cheesecake With Pecan Crunch Topping by IsaChandra. Serves 8 to 10. This Pumpkin Cheesecake was among our favorites in Vegan Pie In The Sky! Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe Karina's super easy gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe. Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Fatfree Vegan Recipes Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie. Materials: Food processor, pie tin, refrigerator, and a rubber spatula (for scraping). Filling: 2 cups fresh shredded pumpkin (pie pumpkin) Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Pie Whole Foods Market Silken tofu is a priceless ingredient when it comes to making smooth and creamy pies like this one. Vegan pumpkin pecan pie will stand up well on any holiday dessert ...