Thursday, August 23, 2012

Can You Bake Cookies on a Waffle Iron?

Cookie Crumbs Can You Bake Cookies on a Waffle Iron?

Instead of writing just a regular post today I thought I would pose a question: can you bake cookies on a waffle iron? I have a regular size waffle iron, not a Belgian-style iron. To test my question I gave it a try. I bought a tube of cookie dough and added a tablespoon to my hot iron. The results are below, but before I continue Id love for you to think of different ways youd be interested in trying to bake cookies other than just in a traditional oven.

It turns out my rounded tablespoon was not enough and the entire cookie turned to crispy melted yuckiness. The second time I made a much bigger ball (about the size of a tennis ball) and clamped down on that. It worked much better, but still not perfectly. My best result came from flattening the cookie dough into a 1-inch thick patty and clamping down on it. I let the cookies bake for about 8 minutes. They turned perfectly golden brown and were definitely cooked through. The only obstacle I really ran into was removing the fresh cookies from the waffle iron. I used a thin spatula and they ended up crumbling a bit. So, in essence, I made a perfect batch of cookie crumbs which I used on top of ice cream. If anyone can figure out the perfect way to remove a soft, freshly baked cookie from a waffle iron then you will definitely have perfectly baked cookies on your hands, and a much cooler kitchen!

Tell me: how else should I try to bake cookies?

Some more interesting posts:

6 Adorable More Food Animals

5 Foods You Can Cook in the Sun

Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!

Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates

 Can You Bake Cookies on a Waffle Iron?
A Fast Way to Bake Cookies: Use a Waffle Iron Fine Cooking The ... We don't have a waffle iron. It's one of those small appliances that's only good for one thing, and we don't eat that one thing often enough to warrant owning one. Waffle Iron Cookies - The Happy Housewife Where Martha Meets ... Waffle iron cookies seem to be the newest cooking fad. But can you really bake a cookie in a waffle iron? Real life demonstration from The Happy Housewife. What Else Can You Cook in a Waffle Iron, Anyway? - Home Cooking ... If you think that the waffle iron is a one-use kitchen appliance, you are wrong. Open your mind, young Jedi. maria lorraine says the waffle irons great for making ... 8 Ways to Cook Creatively with a Waffle Iron Yummly You love waffles. Waking up to a batch of crisp, warm waffles in the morning is the start of your ideal Sunday morning! That's why you bought the waffle iron, You Can (And Must) Cook Eggs in a Waffle Iron Sure, it's just egg. Who cares. Crack 'er in a skillet, let it fry. Why bother caring? It's not like there are better options out thereoh wait, your entire goddamn ... WAFFLE IRON FRIES low fat! Get Off Your Butt and BAKE! My waffle iron died the other day. It didn't die after my waffles had baked, it decided to retire in mid-stream!I had only one option . . . buy a new waffle iron. How to Make Cookies in a Waffle Iron - Endless Simmer Editor's Note: We here at ES are big fans of the movement to cook all foods inside a waffle iron, so we're happy to have Matt from WaffleMakers.net join us Country Cooks Across America: Waffle Iron Cookies Have you ever tried this unique idea? COOKIES BAKED IN A WAFFLE IRON??? I'm not kidding one bit! I use to make these when my kids were young, and was tickled when I ... 30 Day Challenge: THIRTY THINGS YOU DIDNT THINK YOU COULD MAKE ... 30 Day Challenge: THIRTY THINGS YOU DIDNT THINK YOU COULD MAKE IN A WAFFLE IRON, BUT CAN (and, in my humble opinion, totally SHOULD!) February 8, 2011 by Cas Make Cookies in 90 Seconds with Your Waffle Iron Baking cookies in your oven is fine and all, but if you want to turn out some tasty cookies in a very short time, consider turning to your trusty waffle iron. Turns ...

No comments:

Post a Comment