Looking for a super easy main course or side dish that is oozing with warmth and comfort-food appeal? Try this Quickie Lemon-Cajun Spiced Pasta. Vibrant lemon and cajun spice flavors coat the fluffy spirals of veggie-colored pasta. A splash of EVOO and a secret ingredient too!..
Secret Ingredient. If you have not yet tried nutritional yeast on your pasta what are you waiting for? This stuff is amazing. It adds a bold cheezy flavor without any of the unhealthy cheese things like saturated fat. Plus it even has a very nice array of healthy nutrients thus the name..
You could also try this non-dairy cheese sprinkle recipe. SO delicious and savory + healthy!
Quickie Lemon-Cajun Spiced Pasta
vegan, serves 4 + leftovers
16oz. bag of pasta spiral veggie from Trader Joes used here
1 Tbsp Cajun spices (unsalted)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice + pinch of zest
salt + pepper to taste
1/3 cup nutritional yeast (or cheezy sprinkle)
1. Cook pasta. Drain.
2. Toss warm pasta in EVOO, lemon juice and cajun spices. Toss well.
3. Add in the nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with extra spices + nutritional yeast on top.
Fresh herbs add a nice touch. Try flat-leaf parsley o fresh basil, chopped and sprinkled over top warm pasta.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Follow Kathy on Facebook and Twitter for updates!
Dont miss the latest from Family Kitchen Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* Grapefruit Blue Smoothie
* 21 Recipes to Enjoy Dessert for Breakfast via oatmeal!
* Peanut Butter Tofu Rice Bowl
* Peanut Mandarin Rice Bowl
* 25 Super Cute Veggie Bento Kids Lunches