Earlier this month I rounded up some of our best burger recipes right here on Family Kitchen. It dawned on me that I rarely make turkey or chicken burgers. Often times they turn out dry and lack flavor. So I decided to try and create a turkey burger that would be moist and flavorful.
I decided to use turkey thighs. The additional fat would help the burger retain some moisture and flavor. They were delicious. However, I have also tried this recipe using the lighter turkey breasts and they were also good and not at all dry. To add even more moisture I used milk-soaked bread instead of bread crumbs. Ive always done this when I make homemade meatballs and it works really well. And it worked just as well with turkey burgers. If you have a family with a hungry appetite then you may want to double this recipe. These burgers go down easily!
I love the Asian-inspired flavors in this recipe but you can easily modify this with other ingredients. Replace the Thai chiles, soy sauce and ginger with some jalapeno, adobe sauce and fresh cilantro for a great Southwestern flavor. The sky is the limit!
The Recipe Tender Asian Turkey Burger
Yield: 4 burgers
- 1 lb freshly ground turkey thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 Thai chile pepper, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup organic soy sauce
- 3 slices of white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 milk (or enough to just saturate white bread)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium high.
- Soak slices of bread in milk until just saturated. If bread seems really soaked, gently wring it out until its wet but not overly soaked.
- In a bowl add ground turkey, soaked bread, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, diced chiles. Mix well with your clean hands until blended. Add spring onions until blended. Dont overwork the meat. The meat should hold together and not be too moist or fall apart.
- Wet your hands first then form mixture into burgers that are no thicker than 1/2 inch. Cook on the grill approximately 4 minutes per side. Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving with
- your favorite condiments. I like to swirl a little Sriracha in mayonnaise or ketchup.
Photo Credit: iStockphoto.com
Asian Turkey Burgers Recipe Eating Well Hoisin sauce gives these burgers a juicy texture, while ginger and garlic provide a burst of flavor, and water chestnuts deliver an appealing crunch. Turkey-Mushroom Burgers Recipe Eating Well Ground turkey is the standard lean alternative to ground beef--and a good one--but burgers made from it can be dry and bland. These turkey burgers are Healthy Turkey Burgers Recipe Taste of Home Recipes Find recipes for Healthy Turkey Burgers and other Burger Recipe recipes. Get all the best recipes at Taste of Home. Recipe directions: In a large bowl, combine the ... Turkey Burgers Recipe : Bobby Flay : Recipes : Food Network 24 hr 30 min; 1/4 cup Dijon mustard; 1 heaping tablespoon clover honey; 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice; 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest; 1 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon juice ... Handle the Heat Turkey Burgers When I was in Atlanta for Blogher Food, The Kitchen Generation gang and I went to a place called Yeah! Burger for dinner. Twice. It was fairly close, affordable ... Asian Turkey Burgers - Recipe.com - Quick Recipes, Easy Meal Ideas ... Thai Turkey Burgers: Dinner for $10...We love turkey burgers! That's not to say we're planning to swear off ground beef anytime soon..., but there's just something ... Asian Turkey Burgers : Poultry Recipes : Healthy Weight Loss Diet These are such savory & delicious Asian Turkey Burgers youll want to have them often. Sweet, salty, tart & umami all at once. Juicy & tender as any great burger ... Easy Turkey Burgers Recipes - Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople Top easy turkey burgers recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. Butterball - Burgers & Franks - Original Seasoned Frozen Turkey ... Premium fresh ground and frozen turkey patties for real burger lovers looking for a delicious, healthier alternative. Turkey Franks made from premium turkey meat. Asian Turkey Burgers Recipe Taste of Home Recipes Find recipes for Asian Turkey Burgers and other Main Dish & Dinner recipes. Get all the best recipes at Taste of Home. Recipe directions: In a large bowl, combine the ...