We all have our favorite go to chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have several recipes I use. This one is definitely simple and works very well every time even in our high altitude kitchen. I like to use really good quality chocolate bars and break them into chunks. You can vary the flavor by adding bittersweet or white chocolate to the batter. Or add your favorite chopped nuts.The sky is the limit on variations but the result will always be perfectly chewy chocolate chunk cookies!
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or 1/2 cup light brown sugar for a rich flavor)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups good quality semisweet chocolate chunks (may break a chocolate bar into chunks by hand)
1. Place the butter in a large bowl and cream at high speed until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture at low speed until just combined and add vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl down, until blended. Do not overmix.
3. Add chocolate chunks and mix till thoroughly combined. Refrigerate batter until cold, preferably overnight. You can also freeze the batter at this point and cut off the desired amount you would like to bake each time you are craving cookies.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets and bake, turning tray once, until golden brown around edges and soft (but not bubbly), about 8-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe MyRecipes.com 1 cup butter, softened; 1 cup granulated sugar; 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar; 2 large eggs; 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract; 2 1/2 cups uncooked quick ... Pomegranate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies Two Peas & Their Pod Its the most wonderful time of the year! I am so excited the holiday season is here. Of course, one of my favorite things about the holidays is baking. Chocolate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe : Ina Garten ... 35 min; 1/2 pound unsalted butte,r at room temperature; 1 cup light brown sugar , packed; 1 cup granulated sugar; 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract; 2 extra-large eggs ... Chocolate Chunk Cookies - White on Rice Couple Food ... Best chocolate chip cookie recipe that is so easy to make. Try this delicious and simple chocolate chip cookie recipe that is full of melted chocolate Chocolate chunk pecan cookies recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food You can't beat American-style cookies with big chunks of chocolate and nuts. The perfect grown-up biscuit Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe I would increase the salt to 1 tsp. next time.....it needed a little more flavor, but very good made with the chocolate chunks, mmmm. Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookie Recipe Two Peas & Their Pod On Saturday we went to our friends house to lounge at the pool. Before we left, we baked Triple Chocolate Oreo Chunk Cookies to take to the pool party. Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies Bake or Break Not only am I posting two cookie recipes in a row, but they both also feature pecans. That probably doesnt surprise many of you, as I am a proud pecan fan. Dark Chocolate Chunk and Dried Cherry Oatmeal Cookies Bake or Break Whenever I see some kind of chocolate Ive not tried before, I usually find some justification for buying it, especially if I can bake with it. Brownie Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies Picky Palate Brownie Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 3/4 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup packed light brown