Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My 3 Simple Guidelines for Packing a Lunchbox

lunchbox My 3 Simple Guidelines for Packing a Lunchbox

With school days beginning shortly it time to start thinking about lunchbox packing. So far Ive covered my favorite lunchboxes, waterbottles, and creative sandwich ideas. Now I am talking about the actual packing of the favorite lunchbox and waterbottle you pick out. I dont get overly complicated with my packing techniques who has the time? But I have three simple guidelines I follow each and everyday to ensure my daughters lunch is kept cool and is ready to eat the second lunchtime arrives.

1) Ice Pack, Always: Last year I experimented with freezing juice boxes or smoothies and letting them thaw all morning to keep the food cold but it didnt work smoothly. They were still pretty chilled when lunchtime arrived. Or, occasionally my daughter complained that her food was soggy because of the perspiration. Ive come to believe that a standard small ice pack and a stainless steel water bottle with ice cubes is the best way to keep lunch food cool all morning long.

2) Reusable containers: It is a point of pride that I only went through ONE small box of sandwich bags last year. It is so much easier to use reusable packs and the bpa-free plastic containers that often come with lunchboxes. As long as they are cleaned properly after each use these containers should be able to keep food fresh all morning and be used all year long.

3) Easy to Open: Last year I made the mistake of packing some food in a container that was REALLY hard for my daughter to open. It had a child-safety top on it! After a few times my daughter asked me not to pack it anymore because she always has to ask the teacher for help with it. I felt terrible! It can be tough for kids to open things adults can so make sure you choose reusable containers that they can open themselves. (Dont screw the lids too tight!!)

Some more interesting posts:

6 Adorable More Food Animals

5 Foods You Can Cook in the Sun

Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!

Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates

 My 3 Simple Guidelines for Packing a Lunchbox
Best Practices for Speeding Up Your Web Site The Exceptional Performance team has identified a number of best practices for making web pages fast. Amazon.com: Philips 2 Pack AVENT Soothie Pacifier, Green, 0-3 ... Safety warning For your child's safety, always follow age guidelines accordingly. For your child's safety: Do not tie pacifier around child's neck as it presents a ... Financial talk for the rest of us The Simple Dollar A blog dedicated to money management and frugality. ... Welcome to The Simple Dollar! If this is your first time visiting the site, read my story and my key simple ... How To Increase Sexual Stamina- 3 Simple Tips There are a lot of men that want to learn how to increase sexual stamina. Most men only lasts a couple of minutes in bed. Which can make them upset, because they're ... Editions of Dungeons & Dragons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Several different editions of the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game have been produced since 1974. The current publisher of Dungeons & Dragons (D&D ... Shop on OpenSky Shop for exclusive sales on products endorsed by celebrities and experts on OpenSky. CashCashPinoy - Saving Feels So Good! MORE Offers, MORE discounts, MORE options...Enjoy our 3-Days Priority Shipping, your CashCashPinoy Wallet, the DealFinder and many others! Vegan Lunch Box Simple recipes designed to be packed for work or school and suitable for both adults and children. Sweepstakes, Rewards & More My Coke Rewards Enjoy rewards this summer. Get 28 photo prints free with your 28 pack purchase of Coca-Cola only at Walmart. See Details Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page Jayski's NASCAR Sprint Cup Silly Season Site at ESPN.com, Up to Date NASCAR news, Rumors, Drivers, Sponsors and paint schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment