Getting your kids in happy, healthy routines is an important part of parenting. After all, kids create habits based on the routines you help them develop at home. For us, the nighttime routine is the one my kids count on the most. And now that were trying to take part in the LISTERINE Kids Cavity-Free School Year, the nighttime routine becomes an important part of teaching my kids how to do five simple things at night that strengthen their teeth, their minds, and their mornings.
1. Brush. Toothbrushing should happen twice a day, every day. But its especially important at nighttime. By taking a few minutes to brush their teeth properly, your kids can go to bed knowing their teeth are clean and ready to rest all night long!
2. Rinse. Rinsing with LISTERINE Smart Rinse should happen twice a day, every day. But getting your kids to rinse at night is an extra-important step in keeping them cavity free!
3. Floss. Flossing once a day helps your kids keep their teeth clear from pesky bacteria or sneaky pieces of food, while also keeping their gums healthy.
4. Lay out clothes for the next day. To stop morning madness, get your kids to lay out their clothing before bed each night. Doing so allows you to talk over the plan for the next day, ensure everything is washed and ready to go, and helps your kiddo feel empowered in making wardrobe choices without the rush of a hectic morning.
5. Read. Whether you read to them, or your kids are old enough to read to themselves, taking time every night to read will help your kids wind down, strengthen their minds, and learn about the world around them.
Maria Lin: 7 Things You Don't Know About A Special Needs Parent About 6 million kids in America receive special education, according to the U.S. Department of Education. One out of every 10 children under the age of 14 ... Busy Mom on Autism Island: 50 things you SHOULD NOT say to autism ... I wrote this post for two different people: autism parents, and the people we interact with. Parenting Articles - Find Parenting Related Articles on ... Find Parenting articles at ArticlesBase.com a free articles directory. Submit your articles for free distribution and find Parenting content for your website, Ezine ... 10 Things You Should Know About Your First Week of Breastfeeding ... I feel like one of the reasons that women often do not breastfeed as long as they potentially could is due to the fact that they are not always given the most honest ... Five Foods Women Should be Eating Simple Homemade Learn all about the five foods that almost every woman needs to include in her diet for maximum health and wellness. Amazon.com: Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew ... Forget Letterman! This is the ultimate Top Ten list! Yvonne Christian, adult with Aspergers and writer of the blog Outside In "As the parent of a child ... 5 Things You Can Do with Your BABY to Make it Easier to Potty ... With my first child, I approached potty training in the typical post-modern American way. Babies wear diapers, and you change out those diapers periodically. Health News Advice Tips - Yahoo! Lifestyle UK Get the latest health news, advice and cures on Yahoo! Lifestyle UK. Find advice and tips on family health, mental, physical, diet, alternative health and more. 16 Habits You Should Do Every Day KratosGuide.com This post is longer than our normal ones so it will broken up into four parts. I Overview II Paradigms III The 16 Daily Rituals IV Implementation I. Overview ... 10 Unique Things to Do on your Birthday ( NOT-CHO BIRTHDAY ) It comes around once every year. Its your birthday. Once someone reaches adulthood, having cake and ice cream and suffering through the birthday song may not be ...