Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crazy Good: Snickers Bar Stuffed Cookies

Snickers Cookies Crazy Good: Snickers Bar Stuffed Cookies

You may have felt the Earth shift slightly over the weekend. This was because I actually went to bake cookies and only had a half bag of chocolate chips ready. I mean, what kind of baker does that?!!! Apparently pregnesia (the common affliction of memory loss amongst pregnant women) has spread into my grocery list. Luckily, however, when I was in the middle of baking my intended chocolate chip cookies I was able to salvage some Snickers from my freezer and chop those up to make up for the lack of chips. Amazingly, when baked into the cookies they tasted incredible; in some ways, even better than chocolate chips! Instead of stirring the bar chunks into the cookies, I wrapped the dough around them so the cookies were stuffed. The caramel, chocolate, and nougat melted beautifully into the cookie and tasted positively heavenly. While they were decadent to be sure, I am sure Ill be making these again. After all, why not treat yourself once in a while!

Snickers Bar Stuffed Cookies

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened

1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 medium Snickers Bars, chopped into 1-inch pieces

1/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350F.

2. In a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar together for at least 2 minutes. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat for five full minutes.

3. With the mixer on low add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pinch off 2-inch pieces of the dough and press two pieces of the chopped Snickers into the center. Then wrap the dough around the Snickers to close the cookie. Place the dough ball on a lined baking sheet, seam side up.

4. Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes. Some of the Snickers Bar will ooze out during baking but that is OK, that is all part of the fun!

Some more interesting posts:

7 Snack Breads for the Lunchbox

Captain Crunch Cookies

Apple Pies Baked in Apples

Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!

Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates

 Crazy Good: Snickers Bar Stuffed Cookies
Snickers Popcorn - Cookies and Cups This past weekend my husband and I went to the movies. What is so brilliant about this is there was no animation. Adult actors actually performing, not just lending ... Jasey's Crazy Daisy: Tollhouse Cookie Pie Bars I thought I might share my brand new favorite treat...Tollhouse Cookie Pie Bars. I adore these sweet little delights! They start with a simple crust made with brown ... Jasey's Crazy Daisy: Snickers Brownies Brownies, obviously I have a thing for brownies. Or, rather for taking my favorite treats and twisting them into brownies. This time brownies meet Snickers, complete ... peanut butter snickers cookies. I like cookies. All different kinds. Sometimes I crave a wholesome, oaty cookie full of things I can feel good about like honey, flax, dried fruits, and oats. Double Chocolate Snickers Chunk Cookies Picky Palate Double Chocolate Snickers Chunk Cookies 2 sticks softened butter 1 cup granulated sugar 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar 2 large Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Snickers Cookies Bakers Royale Chewy Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies Meet my latest mash-up: a classic cookie gets gooey with one of the longest standing candy bar for an awesome good time in ... Death by Snickers Bars - Cookies and Cups - Chronicling My Life in ... Death by Snickers Bars. A buttery bar filled with Snickers and dulce de leche. snickers bar stuffed chocolate chip cookies. oatmeal lemon creme bars. I maaaaaay just have a new favorite dessert. Oatmeal cookie dough streusel crust with a thick creamy + luscious lemon filling, sprinkled ... Candy Bar Dessert Recipes: Reese's Cookies, Snickers Cupcakes And More Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are good, but Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cake is infinitely better. And the same is true when it comes to Snickers. Who would ... Homemade Snickers Bars - Brown Eyed Baker Sweet. Savory. Sinful. Homemade Snickers Bars Everything from the nougat and caramel layers to chocolate and peanuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment