Saturday, September 15, 2012

Homemade Tomato Jam: Save Summers Best Flavor

tomato jam toast babble Homemade Tomato Jam: Save Summers Best Flavor
Last week, I had about 10 pounds of paste tomatoes staring me down. I had already made canned whole tomatoes, and marinara, so I decided it was time to try tomato jam. Lots and lots and lots of tomato jam, as it turned out.

Have you ever had tomato jam? The flavor might surprise you. It has a concentrated tomato flavor, coupled with sweetness, spice, and just a hint of heat. You could easily slather it on toast with butter, or use it is a ketchup-like veggie dip. I dropped a couple tablespoons into my favorite vinaigrette and was surprised by the jolt of tomato intensity it gave my late summer salad.

So what do you say? Are you ready to give tomato jam a try?

Head over to Brooklyn Supper for our recipe.

More from Brooklyn Supper on Babble:
8 Simple Ways to Avoid a Fall Food Funk
Is Organic Food Healthier? What You Need to Know About the Recent Study
An Easy Recipe for Crisp and Lemony Broccoli Slaw

Read more from Elizabeth and Brian on Brooklyn Supper.
Follow Brooklyn Supper on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
Dont miss the latest from The Family Kitchen Like Us on Facebook!
Were pinning are you? Follow Brooklyn Supper on Pinterest!

 Homemade Tomato Jam: Save Summers Best Flavor
A Real Winner: Sweet & Savory Tomato Jam - In Jennie's Kitchen My twitter pals know why I was whistling dixie yesterday. While on vacation I took a few minutes to enter my tomato jam recipe into the weekly contest for best ... Tandoori Spiced Chicken Breast with Grilled Tomato Jam and Herbed ... 25 min; 2 tablespoons onion powder; 2 tablespoons garlic powder; 2 tablespoons ground ginger; 2 tablespoons ground coriander; 1 tablespoon ground cumin; 1 tablespoon ... tomato jam Sassy Radish Depending on who you talk to, tomatoes are either gone already, will be gone tomorrow, next week, or by the end of September. That gives me little comfort. Tomato Jam Recipes & Kiddie Tomato Theives Its week four and the final gathering for Summer Fest 2009! The celebration of Summers bounty has been wonderful and were finishing it off with a big tomato ... Tomato Jam (Doce de Tomate) Recipe Andrea Meyers Recipe for Portuguese tomato jam (doce de tomate) by David Leite with port wine. Tomato Jam Recipe - Food.com - 9793 What's a Cookbook? You can save and organize your favorite recipes into FREE online cookbooks. Create as many as you want! Homemade Tomato Paste - Food in Jars Food in Jars Three weeks ago, I bought my annual batch of tomatoes to preserve. 100 pounds worth. I canned them whole, I canned them crushed, I slow roasted and froze them and I ... Kate in the Kitchen Blog Archive tomato jam Ive never really been a fan of ketchup, and cant recall the last time I really ate it. Maybe in college, dragging a thick and steaming hot onion ring through a ... Victorio Food Strainer and Sauce Maker Best Investment Ever ... Victorio Food Strainer and Sauce Maker Best Investment Ever for Homemade Applesauce and Tomato Sauce! By Laura Jul,25 2012 Sweet & Savory Tomato Jam recipe from food52 Photo 11 of 17 by Food52. And simmer. Until they got nice and caramelized and pulpy. You don't need to stir much until the last 20 minutes. There's no official test ...

No comments:

Post a Comment