If youre planning on putting in a new tile floor in your home you should also plan on having lots of tile leftover. Aside from purchasing enough tile for your floor area and any cutting mistakes, you will end up with lots of remnants, corners and broken pieces. Instead of throwing these away, you can use them for a variety of creative projects.
All kinds of colors and textures of tile can make a beautiful and artistic statement to craft projects. Here are some of our favorite ways to utilize your leftover tile.
1) Mosaics: Tile pieces can be used to create a mosaic on old tabletops, or use them to create a design for a backsplash. If they are too large, you can wrap them in cloth and break into smaller pieces with a hammer.
2) Coasters: Create elegant marble coasters with smaller tiles, this post right here on Babble shows you how.
3) Garden Stones: Use textured and slate tiles as stepping stones in the garden. Be careful with smooth tiles like marble as they may get very slippery when wet.
4) Kids Art Projects: Give your kids some tile, Mod Podge and fun scrapbook embellishments or little toys to adhere to the tile. They will have fun creating their own unique masterpieces!
5) Culinary Serving Trays: Use large slate, marble or granite tiles for elegant appetizer and cheese platters. Click here to see how easy it is to make elegant cheese trays!
6) Garden Side Tables: If you have an old table with an ugly or damaged top, give it a new life by using leftover tile to create a new top.
7) Wind Chimes: Take leftover ceramic tile remnants and glue them to fishing line then loop around a crochet hoop to create a unique garden wind chime.
If weve missed something, wed love to hear your ideas for leftover tile in the comments section!
A big thanks toThe Home Depotfor sponsoring this campaign. Clickhereto see more of the discussion.
Craft Projects for Leftover Kitchen Tiles eHow.com Kitchen tiles are expensive, so reuse any left after a kitchen makeover. Ceramic kitchen tiles are rigid and have a smooth surface, making them ideal for many craft ... Making Crafts with Tiles - ThriftyFun Great Ideas and Solutions ... Here are some crafty ideas for using leftover ceramic tiles. Post your own below. Coasters, Trivets and Other Craft Ideas I have a home daycare and we have used tiles ... Scrabble Tile Pendant Tutorial - Craft Ideas, Kids Crafts, Recipes ... How to make scrabble tile necklace pendants with this easy step by step tutorial. Can Tabs Craft projects, ideas and tutorials using Can Tabs on ... Soda Tab Baubles (Garden Decor) Tabs from Soda & Energy Drinks paired with Glass Gems & Mirrored Mosaic Tiles! 2010 Camp Craft No. 4: Subway tile nameplates - Crafty Nest Crafty Nest shares practical, inexpensive, and pretty DIY home decorating crafts and ideas. Many of the do-it-yourself projects include salvaged, green, or recycled ... Craft Blog UK: Craft Fair Display Tips and Ideas A great big list of ideas for setting up your craft fair display! The excitement of selling at a real life craft fair was was one of the reasons I became really ... Wood Craft Products - Wooden Shaker Pegs, Balls, Wood Toy Wheels Wholesale Wood Craft Products - Wooden toy wheels, Wooden shaker pegs, balls, wood blocks dowels & other wood parts. Craft Projects Using Ceramic Tile eHow.com Many people have leftover ceramic tiles from various home renovation projects. These ceramic tiles can easily be used to make several different home crafts such as a ... Thrifty Thursday Five Ideas for Using Up Leftover, Cooked ... Thrifty Thursday Five Ideas for Using Up Leftover, Cooked White Rice Craft Projects: Easy Craft Ideas, Kids Crafts, & Holiday Crafts Find easy crafts, kids crafts, and holiday craft ideas from the experts at DIYNetwork.com.