Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My 5 Essential Pantry Staples

Olive Oil My 5 Essential Pantry Staples

When it comes to cooking I am always experimenting with interesting, fun ingredients. But, no matter what I am cooking, there are always a few staples I have at my side. These are the things I have with me all the time when I stirring and stewing in the kitchen. I simply cant live without them. They are basic, I know, but there might be a few ideas here in case you are looking for the missing ingredient in your kitchen!

1. Kosher salt: Kosher salt is a stronger, more natural salt than typical table salt. A little sprinkle can bring out so much flavor in everything from soups to baked goods to meats. I am never, ever without it!

2. Olive oil: Olive oil is my favorite thing to cook with. A little drizzle is all I need for softening onions, browning meats or even frying eggs. I buy it by it in big bottles at Trader Joes!

3. Balsamic Vinegar & Red Wine Vinegars: Balsamic vinegar is divine in all kinds of sauces and stews. Red wine vinegar is essential for de-glazing pans and making delicious salad dressings.

4. Mustard: A little dash of mustard is my favorite thing to add to salad dressings, marinades and sauces. I cant tell you how much delicious flavor it adds, without any added calories.

5. Light Brown Sugar: Even when cooking savory dishes, light brown sugar cuts acid in tomato dishes, adds a balance to vegetables like sweet potatoes or butternut squash, and adds a nice natural sweetness to salad dressings. It is worth always having a bag on hand!

Some more interesting posts:

Halloween Fun: Candy Corn Tie-Dye Cake in a Jar

8 Fall Donut Recipes to Make at Home

7 Grown-Up Versions of Childhood Favorites

Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!

Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates

 My 5 Essential Pantry Staples
First Apartment Pantry Essentials My First Apartment Our culinary expert Sam, a student at the CIA, has put together his list of pantry essentials. The full list will cost about $100 at any large supermarket (we How To Stock Your Pantry With Essential Ingredients - iVillage Our complete guide to stocking your pantry with all the necessary ingredients and essentials. Back to Japanese Basics: The essential staples of a Japanese pantry If there is one request I get about this site via email or in comments, it's for more Japanese recipes. I have covered many of the basics here already, but it's ... 5 Kitchen Staples Everyone Should Have - Your Go-to Guide for Yoga ... Every healthy kitchen should always have these essential items on hand. 1. Nutritional Yeast At first it can look intimidating, but its nothing to be afraid ... Pantry Staples: Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Oil The Kitchn You guys know that Trader Joe's is now carrying coconut oil, right? Because that's kind of the most awesome news ever. I may or may not have jumped with glee when I ... My Pantry Gluten Free Pantry As a Mom always on-the-go, I find it essential to have a well-stocked pantry, filled with gluten-free flours, grains, pasta, alternative sweeteners, BPA-free products ... Starter Pantry and Staples Checklist My First Apartment Our Starter Pantry and Staples Checklist helps you get through your first supermarket excursion. The Essential Pantry List - Zesty Cook Food made simple. Food ... Help The Students Event: Day 7 What are the must haves in your pantry? Well for me there are staples that I cannot live without, otherwise I will get kind of cranky. What Items Should Always Be Found In the Pantry: A Suggested List ... Tweet. Dear Andrea, I need to understand what items should always be in the pantry. Do you have a suggested items list?-Shelly in Canada. I definitely wasnt ready ... Stocking a Pantry, How To Stock A Pantry, Pantry Essentials, How ... How To Stock A Pantry, Well Stocked Pantry and Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment