With Halloween party season upon us it is time to start thinking of some super fun treats for your guests. We love a good classic cheesecake but when I made it recently I wanted to try dressing it up for Halloween. At first I thought about swirling in candy corn, but then I realized it would be better to make the colors on top and then slice them into pieces that look like candy corn! It was a simple and fun solution for turning our favorite everyday cheesecake into a Halloween treat. I hope you like it!
Candy Corn Cheesecake
4 8-ounce containers of whipped cream cheese
16 ounces sour cream
1 stick (4 ounces) salted butter
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup vanilla frosting from a can or homemade
Orange food paste
Yellow food paste
1. Place cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and butter on the counter to get to room temperature before baking.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Put cream cheese, butter and sour cream into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix to combine until very smooth. Then, add the cornstarch, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well until the batter is completely smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure everything is well incorporated.
4. Beat in 1 egg at a time until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
5. Wrap the springform pan tightly in aluminum foil, this is to prevent water from seeping into the pan and ruining the batter and place the pan in a water bath, taking care to make sure the water comes at least halfway up the side of the cake pan.
6. Bake for 60 70 minutes, or until the batter is no long jiggly and the top is golden brown.
7. Turn off the oven and let the cake cool in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 1 hour.
8. After an hour remove the pan from the oven and let it cool for 2 hours on wire rack.
9. To make the frosting divide the frosting evenly amongst 3 bowls. Dye one of the bowls of frosting orange, another one yellow, and leave one white. Spread the frosting in circles as displayed so they are in the same order of candy corn.
10. Cover the cake and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before slicing and serving!
Some more interesting posts:
Halloween Fun: Candy Corn Tie-Dye Cake in a Jar
8 Fall Donut Recipes to Make at Home
7 Grown-Up Versions of Childhood Favorites
Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!
Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates
Halloween Ideas :: Candy Corn Sweets and Treats! The TomKat Studio (right) Candy Corn Meringues by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. (left) Candy Corn Cookies by Sweet Sugar Belle. Happy fall TomKat Studio readers! Halloween Recipes by Halloween-Party-Fun.com Scary Halloween food recipes including Zombie eyeballs and Human skins. Candy Corn Treats Bites From Other Blogs Ive seen some cute candy corn recipes popping up recently and decided to look around and see what else I could find. Check out these sweets and treats from bakers ... Halloween Party Recipes - 65 Fun and Creepy Halloween Recipes The best Halloween party recipes collection on the web! 65 fun, gory, gross, scary, disgusting, silly, cute, or creepy Halloween recipes. Main dish, appetizer ... Trick or Treat - Candy Corn Surprise! - your homebased mom If youve been reading my blog for long you know that I LOVE candy corn. I go through bags of it each Halloween season. I think it is just about the cutest candy ... Glorious Treats Candy Corn Cheesecake Mousse Im not sure if there is any candy more closely related to fall and Halloween than candy corn! The distinct shape, instantly recognizable color pattern and pure ... Halloween Recipes, Gross Party Treats, Scary Snacks Delicious and devilish Halloween recipes perfect for kid-friendly parties or grown-up fun. Halloween Treats - Find Halloween Party Treats, Cookies & Candy ... Try these Halloween treats at your next Halloween party. Create a spread of Halloween cupcakes, cookies, and party snacks with these easy Halloween treat recipes. Favorite Halloween Recipe 2010: Candy Corn Cheesecake Favorite Halloween Recipe 2010: Candy Corn Cheesecake. Browsing the Halloween-themed magazines this year, I spotted this recipe for a candy Corn Cheesecake. Halloween - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of its original title "All Hallows' Evening"), also known as All Hallows' Eve, is a yearly holiday observed around the world on ...