The other day I was visiting one of my favorite blogs written by Alexis Swanson of Swanson Vineyards. Sadly, I will still not be able to partake in wine for the next few months, but a girl can dream! While I was there I came across this impossibly cool looking recipe for Capn Crunch Cookies. The baby has me craving some strange things and for that reason alone I felt compelled to make the cookies IMMEDIATELY. My husband was quite skeptical but let me give it a go. Once they had baked and cooled he gave one a try and was quite shocked: they were delicious. Sweet, corny, and perfectly chewy they were totally awesome cookies!
Capn Crunch Cookies
adapted from Alexis Swanson via her friend Amanda
11 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
14 ounces granulated sugar
11 ounces all-purpose flour
4 1/2 ounces cornmeal
5 ounces Capn Crunch Cereal, ground up into crumbs
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1. In a mixing bowl whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar. After three minutes add the eggs and beat well. Scrape down the side of the bowl and beat the batter for a FULL 10 MINUTES!!
3. Then, scrape down the bowl again and add the dry ingredients with the mixer on low until just combined. Stir in the cereal and remove the bowl from the mixer.
4. Scoop the dough into golf ball size mounds onto a lined cookie sheet or plate. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the dough on the lined baking sheet about 4-inches apart. Flatten the tops with clean hands or the bottom of a glass. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden and lightly browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.
Some more interesting posts:
7 Snack Breads for the Lunchbox
Last Minute Watermelon Salad
Read more from Kelsey on Kelseys blog!
Follow Kelsey on Facebook and Twitter for updates
Cornmeal Crunch Recipe - 101 Cookbooks This is what happens when you cook a pot of cornmeal until it is thick and creamy. Add a bit off cheese, some deeply caramelized onions, spread it in a pan, drizzle ... Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes BS' In The Kitchen icing. While letting them cool you can start making your icing. For the buttercream icing: 1 1/2 cups butter (room temperature) 1 3/4 cup cinnamon toast crunch 25 Cartoon Characters Whose Real Names You Never Knew - BuzzFeed 25 Cartoon Characters Whose Real Names You Never Knew: We know them, and we love them, but what are their actual names? Are you su... Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies - Pinch My Salt Sometimes you just have to bake cookies. Its been a busy summer. Im going through some pretty serious life changes stressful life changes. Cookie Good - Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA (310) 720-1642 "Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chunk! I kid you not before I head back home my sisters requests that I pick up a dozen or so of these delicious cookies ... Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken Recipe 13395 from ... On the menu today: Tilapia With Zesty Orange Salsa; Citrus Sugar Cookie; Three Cheese Bread; Apricot Strudel; Rockfish With Jumbo Lump Crab And Sherry Dijon Cream ... Absolutely Cats Favorite cat names, most popular cat names, names for pets. Submit for your favorite name. broccoli crunch slaw Everybody Likes Sandwiches Im pretty proud of the above meal. It was whipped up in about 30 minutes and it used up a lot of perishables in our fridge. This meal was a great clean-out-the ... Capn Crunch Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Marshmallow Frosting As a stay-at-home mom living in a small rural town that I did NOT grow up in, I know all about how hard it can be to find friends. So several years ago, when I ... Capn Crunch Peanut Butter Cookie Stackers Picky Palate Wahoo, it's Thursday already!! Hope everyone is having a great week :) Does everyone else have kids who BEG for all the sugary cereal like mine do?! It