When I think of adding tuna to pasta recipes I think of 1980s tuna casserole dishes the kind I would refuse to eat. Tuna and pasta just never made sense to me. But this Tuna-Free Lemony Pasta Bowl makes perfect sense! It is tuna-inspired but actually vegan, fish-free. The faux tuna is a super easy recipe using canned, grab-and-go, garbanzo beans. This is a healthy, cravable dish for the whole family. Get this recipe and fall in love with tuna and pasta!..
Lemon-y Tuna-Free Pasta Bowl
vegan, serves 4+
1/2 package spaghetti, cooked (or any pasta variety)
1/4 cup vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast
1/2 lemon, juiced
3-4 scoops of the tuna salad below
1 cup celery, chopped (or another green veggie! Cabbaga, broccoli, kale or spinach would be yummy too.)
Lemon Tuna Salad
1 16ounce can garbanzo beans, drained / rinsed well
1/2 large juicy lemon + pinch of zest
2-3 Tbsp garlic hummus
1 cup celery, chopped
salt + pepper to taste
optional: kelp flakes or crushed nori sheets for some fishy flavor
1. Mash your rinsed beans with a fork in a large bowl. Add the remaining tuna salad ingredients and toss well. Place in fridge.
2. Cook pasta. Drain. Transfer to big mixing bowl and toss with pasta ingredients.
3. Plate pasta with a few scoops of the chilled tuna salad on top. Pepper and parsley to garnish. Delicious chilled or warm!
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Follow Kathy on Facebook and Twitter for updates!
Dont miss the latest from Family Kitchen Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 7 Meatless Sloppy Joes
* McDonalds India to Open Vegetarian Locations!
* Stacked Mushroom Melt Veggie Burger
* Roasted Cheezy (Amazing) Broccoli