Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pie for a Party: Amazing Apple Slab Pie

apple slab pie bite babble Pie for a Party: Amazing Apple Slab Pie
Last weekend, Brian and I co-hosted a brunch for 25 people. We knew we needed a dessert, and a lot of it, but what? Thats when I remembered my absolute favorite dessert for parties slab pie. Last time we needed a party pieit was blueberry. But now, with fall winds blowing in, I opted to cook with some of the fresh, crisp apples that are at their peak right now. So, I set to work making a double-size apple slab pie, and the results were wonderful.

Not only was the apple slab pie extremely straightforward to make and transport, the thin layer of apples that make up the filling meant that I didnt have to worry about the pie setting up. The crust was flaky and robust, and the apples were bright and fresh. And, best of all, it served 25 people no problem. Pretty great right?

Head over to Brooklyn Supper for our apple slab pie recipe.

More from Brooklyn Supper on Babble:
10 Ideas for Healthy Halloween Snacks That Kids Will Love
12 Fun-Sized Treats for Your Halloween Party
10 Ideas for Healthy Halloween Candy

Read more from Elizabeth and Brian on Brooklyn Supper.
Follow Brooklyn Supper on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
Dont miss the latest from The Family Kitchen Like Us on Facebook!
Were pinning are you? Follow Brooklyn Supper on Pinterest!

 Pie for a Party: Amazing Apple Slab Pie
Bubble and Sweet: Oh Sweet Mum - A rustic pie buffet party table I love my mum. Without a doubt she has been the hugest female influence in my life. She taught me to cook, to love and to be the best I can be, she made me ... Apple Pie Party Dip Recipe - Spoonful.com Enjoy the flavor of a classic holiday dessert -- minus the baking! -- with this tasty fruit dip. Slab Apple Pie with Easy Crumb Top - Life As Mom On the Road ... I experimented with my traditional apple pie recipe recently by baking it into a 913-inch pan, thus the name, Slab Apple Pie. This dessert has several things going ... Good Friends, Good Pie Confessions of a Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond The pie workshop held at the Lodge was one of the most information-packed (and calorie-packed) days I've experienced. Pam, my... Raspberry-Rhubarb Slab Pie Recipe Taste of Home Recipes Slab Pie is a pastry baked in a jelly roll pan and cut in slabs like a bar cookie - or a pie bar, if you will. My grandfather was a professional baker and ... Apple Pizza Pie Recipe - Allrecipes.com For this unique recipe, a delicious dough is whipped up with butter, confectioners ' sugar and flour pressed into a pizza pan, and then baked in the oven. Canned ... Apple Pie Bars Recipe - Allrecipes.com Easy and delicious. Great for a party or just as a snack. A wonderful way to use apples. Mom's Apple Pie Company - Occoquan, VA (703) 497-7437 "WOW!!! We popped into Mom's to see what kinds of pies they had, and I am so glad we did...the aroma upon entering was drool-inducing, and the pies ... The Dutch Baker's Daughter: Strawberry-Rhubarb Slab Pie What better way to feed a crowd dessert, than with a slab pie? Made in a sheet pan with a sturdy crust and a tangy filling, this pie can be easily transported to any ... what a pie party it was. - Gluten Free Girl and the Chef Food ... All throughout the day, Ive been looking at photographs of pie. Its not a bad way to spend a day, actually. A few weeks ago, when this crazy idea of a virtual ...

No comments:

Post a Comment